When you find something you love, you want to keep it or at least get as much of it as you can. When it comes to Thanksgiving, overindulgence is the word of the day. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you’ll feel the urge to gobble up the dental solutions that can transform your smile (and make eating a whole lot more fun). Find out what smile makeover procedures are best for your smile goals.
Choosing the Right Smile Makeover for You
All cosmetic dentistry procedures are not right for all people. The options are plentiful, however, so finding the best solution for your smile concerns is a given, as long as you’re working with the right Manhattan cosmetic dentist:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening remains one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments for its speed, effectiveness, and long-lasting results. If your teeth can be whitened with professional-strength bleach, you’ll be more than satisfied with the dramatic results.
- Porcelain veneers: If your teeth cannot be whitened for whatever reason, your NYC dentist may recommend porcelain veneers. Not only can you eliminate stains and discoloration, with veneers you can correct all aesthetic complaints – chips, cracks, gaps, misalignment, and more. Veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry solutions, and the strength and stain-resistant qualities of the veneers make them last for decades.
Restore Your Smile
Not to be overlooked is restorative dentistry, which truly allow you to gobble up all the foods you love. When your teeth are broken down and aging, or old dental procedures are failing, the following tooth restorations make it possible to bite and chew easily:
- Dental implants: A missing tooth or teeth may not seem like such a big deal if they’re unnoticeable, but every tooth plays a major role in your mouth. Not only do you need your teeth to dig into your favorite foods, you need them to keep your face shape and stimulate your jawbone. Implants take the place of a missing tooth root and complete your smile with a prosthetic tooth that looks and feels natural.
- Porcelain crowns: Disintegrating dental work or a weak tooth are problems that continue to worsen the more you use your teeth and the longer you wait to address the issue. A porcelain crown covers what’s wrong with a tooth, protecting it from further disintegration, stains, and decay.
- Dentures: Dentures have a bad rap, but modern dentures can be just the right solution for many people with an entire arch of missing teeth. Customized options include full dentures, partial dentures, and overdentures which can be secured in place, sometimes permanently, using adhesives, clasps, or dental implants.
Thanksgiving is an ideal time to dig in and enjoy a one-day holiday full of food and family and no gift-giving pressure. If you have the strong, beautiful teeth that allow you to gobble up all the things you love, you’ll be more than thankful.
Schedule your appointment today with Dr. Michael J. Wei at his Madison Avenue cosmetic dentistry practice in Midtown.