Cosmetic Dentistry: Transforming Smiles and Changing Lives
By Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS – Manhattan New York City Cosmetic Dentist
People immediately notice your smile – or the lack thereof. If you’re reluctant to show off your teeth, there is probably a good reason why. Maybe you’re self-conscious about the condition of your teeth, or embarrassed to be living with a smile that ages you. Midtown Manhattan cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael J. Wei can transform your smile, and change your outlook on life, with the right cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right for You?
It’s natural to be concerned about how your teeth and gums look to the rest of the world. After all, your smile is the focal point of your face. Most importantly, you should be satisfied with the reflection every time you smile in the mirror. If you have any complaints about your teeth, a visit to your New York City cosmetic dentist can make all the difference.
Cosmetic dentistry is a fine art. When Dr. Wei delivers a smile makeover, it is customized to suit your oral health needs and aesthetic complaints. Cosmetic dentistry is truly life-changing, altering your appearance in a good way.
It’s difficult to function with compromised teeth. Plus, a less-than-perfect smile makes you look older than you are. Your teeth don’t have to keep you stuck in a land of closed-mouth smiles or serious expressions. If you’re unhappy with your smile, cosmetic dentistry is right for you. A visit to your Manhattan cosmetic dentist will confirm if your oral health is in good condition to receive a smile makeover.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
With any of the following procedures, you can look younger, happier, healthier, more intelligent, and even wealthier:
- Cerinate Lumineers: The gentle alternative to porcelain veneers, Cerinate Lumineers are quickly becoming a popular option in cosmetic dentistry. Patients love the pain-free and minimally invasive aspects of Lumineers. Plus, a great many cosmetic complaints can be covered at one time using Lumineers, from tooth stains to misalignment to chipped teeth. The contact-lens-thin Lumineers are bonded permanently over natural teeth and require very little preparation to begin the procedure.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Cosmetic tooth bonding, or contouring, is a simple three-part procedure that can be completed in one dental visit. This efficient cosmetic dentistry treatment is used to repair problems like a tooth with a jagged edge, chipped teeth, or a gap between front teeth. The tooth-colored resin is carefully sculpted by Dr. Wei so the repair looks natural and feels comfortable. When your dissatisfaction with your smile is minor and the repairs needn’t be major, cosmetic bonding is an excellent alternative to veneers that will transform your smile.
- Invisalign: Fast, comfortable, and practically invisible, Invisalign braces allow patients to align their teeth under the radar. Let’s face it, “metal mouth” is an undesirable nickname and wearing braces is a state that not many people crave. Invisalign corrects the same alignment problems as traditional metal braces in less time and without making themselves obvious. Plus, you can eat whatever you want because Invisalign is removable. If you never thought straight teeth were your destiny because you missed the window during your teen years, think again. You can have the smile you’ve always wanted thanks to this cosmetic dentistry and orthodontic innovation.
- Porcelain Veneers: One of the most in-demand cosmetic dentistry treatments, porcelain veneers are natural-looking, durable, and able to correct multiple aesthetic issues at one time. Crooked teeth? Broken tooth? Gapped teeth? Stained teeth? Veneers are customized in shape, size, shade, and translucency so that they mimic natural teeth. Stain resistant and incredibly strong, when properly cared for, veneers can last for decades.
- Smile Makeovers: A smile makeover is as complicated or as simple as you would like it to be. In short, a smile makeover is any cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry procedure that makes your teeth look better and make you feel better about yourself. Consulting with your Midtown Manhattan cosmetic dentist is the first place to begin. Dr. Wei will review your oral health history and examine your teeth and gums. The information he gathers from this inventory will allow him to recommend the best options for your smile makeover.
- Snap-On Smile: When you don’t have time for invasive cosmetic dentistry, enter the Snap-On Smile. The quickest way to get a white and beautiful smile while staying within your budget, the Snap-On Smile is a temporary solution to tide you over until you have the time and resources to dedicate to a long-lasting smile makeover. A Snap-On Smile does just that – snaps on to your natural teeth to give you a new smile instantly. In as little as two weeks, your Snap-On Smile can be ready, and it can last for three to five years.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is in-demand for many reasons. Not only does teeth whitening done by your Manhattan dentist create a gorgeous white smile in about an hour, whitening even imperfect teeth can make them look as perfect as they need to be. It’s easy to overlook a crooked tooth or overlapping teeth when they’re pearly white. Over-the-counter whitening options are available, but the effectiveness of an in-office teeth whitening is hard to beat.
If you are dissatisfied with your smile or your teeth, cosmetic dentistry can be the solution you’ve long been craving. Make an appointment with Midtown Manhattan cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael J. Wei to discover the best solutions for your smile makeover.