Upgrade Your Look – and Your Life – with a Smile Makeover
By Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS – Manhattan New York City Cosmetic Dentist
Look happier, healthier, and younger with Smile Makeover dentistry.
If you feel like you’re missing out on opportunities, whether a dream job, a chance at love, or a prime business deal, your teeth could be getting in the way. Perfection is overrated, but a healthy, stunning smile is always in fashion, especially a smile created by a highly experienced Manhattan cosmetic dentist.
If your stained, crooked, or unsightly teeth make you feel self-conscious, uncomfortable, or less than worthy, it’s time to think about a smile makeover. Whatever upgrades you make, your new smile will look amazing and make you feel great.
What Does “Smile Makeover” Really Mean?
A smile makeover is not one-size-fits-all. You can opt for one cosmetic dentistry treatment or a combination of cosmetic and restorative dentistry treatments. Improving your smile will be a process that is customized to your needs, lifestyle, and budget.
It isn’t necessary for you to go into your dentist’s office knowing exactly what kind of repairs you want for your teeth. Every smile makeover begins with a comprehensive consultation with your Manhattan cosmetic dentist. Dr. Wei will examine your mouth and review your oral health before he makes recommendations about the best solutions to help you achieve the smile you want.
Your unique prescription for a new smile could begin with restorative treatments that correct existing health problems, like cleaning up any signs of gum disease or taking care of decay with tooth-colored fillings. Once your teeth and gums are healthy, you can begin the cosmetic and restorative dentistry that will rebuild your smile. These procedures can include:
- Dental crowns: Significantly damaged teeth may call for a porcelain dental crown repair. A broken or cracked tooth is not only problematic by itself, one damaged tooth can lead to other damaged teeth because of the compromises you make to avoid the broken tooth. A crown protects a tooth from further disintegration while blending in with the rest of your smile.
- Dental implants: If you are missing teeth or had to have teeth pulled because of gum disease, dental implants are the natural-looking, permanent solution. They fill in the holes in your smile while stimulating your jawbone and taking the place of natural tooth roots so the shape of your face is unaltered by missing teeth.
- Porcelain veneers: One of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments, porcelain veneers correct a host of aesthetic complaints at once, from discoloration to misaligned teeth. Veneers look natural, are incredibly durable, and last for decades with the proper care. And, simply enough, they create an amazing-looking smile makeover.
- Teeth whitening: Sometimes the smallest smile makeover can offer the biggest impact. In-office teeth whitening treatment illuminates your smile and makes it many times whiter for a stunning grin. Even if your teeth aren’t perfectly straight, teeth whitening can transform your look tenfold.
- Cerinate Lumineers: For the dental patient who is uncomfortable about the idea of porcelain veneers, Cerinate Lumineers offer the same flawless results with a minimally invasive treatment method. Very little prep is necessary to get your smile ready for bonding with these natural-looking, wafer-thin shells that cover your natural teeth.
Do I Qualify for a Smile Makeover?
You don’t have to be of a certain age to be “qualified” for a smile makeover. No matter how young or old you are, no matter what kind of condition your oral health is in, you can get a smile makeover. Every oral health problem can be repaired if you have the openness to hear out your Manhattan cosmetic dentist and are willing to be patient to get the smile you’ve always wanted.
If you’re embarrassed about going to Dr. Wei to have your oral health issues addressed, know this: He has seen it all. There is no oral health complaint that will shock or surprise him, and that’s a good thing. Treating all manner of cases is what makes Dr. Wei the excellent New York City smile makeover dentist that he is. It is his goal to ensure that your smile not only looks good but is foundationally and structurally sound and completely healthy.
Some of the most common reasons patients seek a Smile Makeover include:
- Altered face shape
- Bleeding gums
- Broken fillings
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Jaw pain
- Lose teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Missing teeth
- Short teeth
- Silver fillings
- Sore or painful gums
- Stained teeth
Ultimately, if you have any sort of embarrassment or self-consciousness about the condition of your teeth, if you are holding back when you smile or speak because of your oral health, a smile makeover can significantly alter the course of your present and future. How you feel about yourself is critical, but how others perceive you is important too – if you aren’t afraid to show your teeth, you will appear more confident, intelligent, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and appealing.
You Have Time for a Smile Makeover
A smile makeover allows you to change the teeth you were born with and the teeth you now live with. Every smile makeover procedure is designed to complement your features, like the shape of your face and skin tone. The shape and size of your teeth can be minimized or maximized to give you the best smile possible.
Some patients have reservations about how long a smile makeover may take to complete. Porcelain veneers are typically done in just two to three visits. Teeth whitening takes only one visit to the dentist (and usually only about an hour). If necessary, your smile makeover can be stretched out over a period of time; alternatively, several treatments can be done at once. Your level of comfort about sitting in the dentist’s chair will impact this decision. In either situation, sedation dentistry is an option that makes you more comfortable and relaxed for your procedures and enables Dr. Wei to work more efficiently to complete your smile makeover.
If you have dreamed of a different set of teeth, a better smile, a confidence that only comes from knowing your smile is outstanding, it’s time to determine what you need to do to get a smile makeover. Don’t avoid opportunities for advancement at work, or shy away from your perfect match because your teeth have fallen into disrepair. Your smile makeover can start right now.