Do you have missing teeth because of an accident or poor oral health? Do you suspect that your painful tooth may need to be extracted? Some people choose to live with an obvious (or even not-so-obvious) hole in their smile, but it doesn’t have to be this way, and it certainly isn’t recommended. Dental implants are a strong, permanent, natural-looking solution to missing teeth, and they will change your life – in all good ways.
Here are just some of the life-changing benefits of this proven restorative dentistry solution. Dental implants:
- Support the shape of your face. When you are missing teeth, you are also missing the roots of the teeth. Without tooth roots, your jaw is not stimulated properly. This side effect of missing teeth can lead to an altered face shape. Dental implants help prevent this change.
- Take the pressure off your other teeth. When one tooth is missing, the other teeth, by default, take on that tooth’s work. This is important for chewing, of course, but also for the jaw. The average strength of the human bite is nearly 175 pounds of pressure, sometimes more. Your jaws are powerful. Every tooth is needed to do its work, because teeth exert pressure on each other too – especially if you have TMJ. Dental implants take their job seriously.
- Prevent teeth from shifting. Spend your adolescence straightening your teeth? Don’t let that effort and investment go to waste because of a missing tooth. When there is space in your smile because a tooth is absent, the rest of your teeth are more likely to shift. Dental implants keep your other teeth in their proper place.
- Allow you to eat without worry. If you have a missing tooth, it can feel uncomfortable, or be a source of shame, especially if you get food stuck in that gap or feel embarrassed about eating with others. A dental implant is strong and allows you to bite and chew normally.
- Give you confidence. Let’s face it – your smile is the focal point of your face. When your smile doesn’t look right because you have missing teeth, your confidence will be shaken. Don’t let one or a few teeth get in the way of success, happiness, career advancement, or a love connection. Dental implants restore confidence in the appearance and function of your smile.
- Complete your smile. Whether it’s a molar that you’re missing, a front tooth, or several teeth, an incomplete smile can make you self-conscious, impact your ability to chew, and threaten the health and positioning of your remaining teeth. Complete your beautiful smile with a natural-looking dental implant.
Dental implants are not the only solution for missing teeth. Depending on the number of teeth you are missing, you may prefer a dental bridge with porcelain crowns, or even dentures. Your Midtown Manhattan cosmetic dentist will review all possible smile makeover solutions with you so you can choose the best repairs for your smile goals, budget, and timeline.
Don’t let any missing teeth get in the way of a good day. The solution is simple, permanent, and restores a natural and whole smile. Contact Dr. Michael J. Wei, New York City dental implant dentist to schedule your consultation.