Some New Yorkers tolerate an annoying dental issue when they don’t have to. It’s understandable – you don’t want to deal with a dental repair when it’s just easier to live with a seemingly harmless imperfection. But this is Manhattan – you can get anything you want here, including an easy fix for your biggest smile complaint.
You may be just one porcelain crown away from a flawless smile.
Problems Fixed by a Porcelain Tooth Crown
Is there just one thing standing between you and a perfect smile? If you’re dealing with any of the following issues, a porcelain crown could be the single, powerful repair you need:
- Chipped tooth: Some people embrace a chipped tooth. It gives them character. The reason for the chipped tooth is a good story. It just looks cool. Other people consider that chip the bane of their existence. It’s distracting. It ruins their entire smile. Don’t live with it, fix it. A porcelain crown can be the magic you need, though sometimes a porcelain veneer may be the better choice.
- Cracked tooth: Surface cracks on tooth enamel aren’t always noticeable. However, it’s not easy for the naked, untrained eye to recognize when a crack goes much deeper. Only your New York City dentist can do that. Allow a crack to go untended and you expose your mouth to bacteria and food particles that can travel deep down in your tooth root and lead to bigger oral health problems. Cap the problem with a crown and you avoid any major restorations.
- Gaps: How can a crown fill a gap? Sometimes, gapped teeth are a result of one or more teeth that are too small. Crowns are customized to be the right size, shape, and color for your mouth. Filling that space with the bulk of a crown eliminates an odd-looking gap and completes your smile.
- Misshapen tooth: If you are living with an ugly tooth that is oddly shaped, too small, and just plain unsightly, a crown can cover all the imperfections. Want a pretty tooth? Get a porcelain tooth crown.
- Stained tooth: If you are plagued by a stained, discolored, or dull tooth, it no doubt stands out from your smile, drawing attention to itself and making you feel self-conscious. When your dentist determines that professional teeth whitening won’t make a dent, a tooth crown can cover up the unattractive troublemaker amid your other beautiful teeth and complete a perfect smile.
- Weak tooth: Do you have that one tooth that seems to suffer problems regularly? A tooth that is weak is more susceptible to decay, cracks, and breakage. With a porcelain crown as a protective barrier, the tooth will no longer deteriorate, but stand strong among its neighbors.
Porcelain dental crowns can last between 10 and 15 years, longer if you take good care of your oral health and see your Manhattan dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. A crown is, obviously, versatile and strong. A natural-looking repair for so many cosmetic dental issues, crowns could be just the solution to finally help you achieve that desired perfect smile. Contact Dr. Michael J. Wei at his cosmetic dentistry practice, located on Madison Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, to schedule your appointment.